Tempura Battered Hogweed Shoots
These simple battered Hogweed shoots are always a winner with the kids.
Prep : 5minutes
Cook : 2minutes
- Young Hogweed shoots
- 70g cornflour
- 30g plain flour
- 80ml chilled sparkling water
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash your Hogweed shoots, then dry them out as best you can and set on paper towel to remove any excess water.
- Make your tempura batter by mixing the flours together, if you’re adding any flavouring such as cumin, chilli or lemon zest add that now. Then add the cold sparkling water and whisk until lump free, be careful not to over-whisk.
- Make sure your oil is piping hot. Then dip your Hogweed shoots in the batter.
- Gently place the shoots in to your hot oil and allow to cook through or until the batter is golden and crispy.
- Drain well on tissue paper, salt and serve with a garlic or lemon mayo!