Wild Garlic Mayonnaise
A really simple but rich tasting dip.
Serves : 1+
Prep : 3 minute
Cook : 0
- Wild garlic leaves and/or flower buds (the buds are hotter and more garlicy).
- 2 egg yolks.
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 250ml oil, olive or groundnut.
- Salt and pepper.
- or some ready made mayonnaise.
- Whisk the egg yolks, mustard and seasoning together then drizzle in the oil while constantly whisking until a firm texture and glossy finish is achieved.
- Pestle and mortar or liquidise the wild garlic leaves and blend with the mayonnaise and add a squeeze of lemon juice.
This is better with homemade mayonnaise but shop bought will also work.
Wild Food UK