This soup is a superfood and the only thing missing is vitamin D so drink it outside!
Serves : 4
Prep : 7 minutes
Cook : 25 minutes
- 2 pints of nettle tops
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 pints of vegetable stock
- Olive oil for frying
- 1/4 pint cream
- Salt and pepper
- Fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil until softened but not browned.
- Add the nettles, potato and stock and boil until the potatoes are cooked, then liquidise and season.
- Stir in the cream, re-heat but do not boil the soup, and serve with homemade croutons.