Hogweed and Wild Garlic Soup
A real Spring favourite when the first hogweed shoots and wild garlic start appearing.
Serves : 4
Prep : 15 minutes
Cook : 30 minutes
- A good handful of wild garlic/ramsons
- A good handful of hogweed
- 1 large carrot
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 onion
- 2 pints veg stock
- Butter or a little olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Roughly chop the onion and carrot and fry in some butter or a little olive oil.
- Finely slice the celery and add to the pan.
- Roughly chop the hogweed and add to the pan, stir for a minute and add the stock.
- Leave to simmer until the vegetables are soft, approximately 30 mins.
- At the last minute add the Ramsons and cook for two minutes.
- Mash with a potato masher for a rustic effect or blend for a creamy soup and season to taste.
- This soup is ready to eat but as with most soups and stews best left overnight to develop the flavours.
Wild Food UK