Fairy Ring and Hogweed Gnocchi
A heart stopping but wonderfully rich meal.
Serves : 6
Prep : 15 minutes
Cook : 10 minutes
- 500g /18oz fresh gnocchi
- 200g / 7oz fairy ring mushrooms
- 100g / 3 1/2oz hogweed shoots picked before the leaves have fully opened
- 30g / 1oz herby butter
- 30g / 1oz unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper
- A hand full of edible leaves – pennywort, hairy bitter cress, rocket, wood sorrel or any edible leaf you can find
- In one pan fry the gnocchi gently in herby butter until lightly browned.
- In another pan fry the fairy ring mushrooms in butter, season and fry until softened.
- In yet another pan boil the hogweed shoots until tender.
- Combine the contents of the three pans and garnish with a few edible leaves.
- A heart stopping but wonderfully rich meal.