Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Great as a pasta sauce or as a base to many mushroom dishes.
Serves : 4
Prep : 5 minutes
Cook : 7-10 minutes
- 2 medium shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 300g / 10oz wild or cultivated mushrooms
- 1 sprig thyme or your choice of herbs
- Small pot of single cream
- Tablespoon of oil or butter
- Salt and pepper
- Fry the shallots, chopped mushrooms and garlic until soft. Add the thyme and stir through, season. Pour in the cream, stir gently and cook for a few minutes more.
- Pour this creamy sauce over the cooked pasta of your choice, mix and serve with a foraged green salad.