This refreshing cocktail combines smoky Scotch, tart lemon juice and the zesty, fragrant sweetness of our blackberry syrup. Your choice of mixer will subtly alter the drink’s character: tonic water brings a pleasing crispness, while soda or spring water opens up the flavours of the fruit and whisky.
- A handful of ice cubes
- 30ml blended Scotch whisky
- 30ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 20ml blackberry syrup (see recipe)
- About 150ml tonic water, soda water or sparkling spring water
- A few blackberries, fresh or frozen
- Throw the ice into a cocktail shaker or large glass and pour over the Scotch, lemon juice and blackberry syrup.
- Shake or stir to mix then tip into a whisky tumbler.
- Top up with the mixer of your choice, throw in the blackberries, and serve.