With some of our blackberry syrup to hand this dessert is quick and simple to throw together – you could almost say it’s foolproof. The only thing to be careful about is that you don’t overwhip the cream: use a balloon whisk and beat by hand, stopping the moment the cream thickens and form soft peaks. This will ensure the fool doesn’t turn grainy when you fold in the syrup.
Serves : 4
Prep : 10 minutes
Cook : 0 minutes
- 200ml double cream
- 4 tablespoons blackberry syrup (see recipe)
- Zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 100g blackberries, rinsed and drained
- Pour the cream into a large bowl and whisk until soft, floppy peaks form.
- Scatter with the lemon zest, pour over 2 tablespoons of the blackberry syrup and fold lightly to marble the cream.
- Divide the mixture between 4 sundae glasses, top with the blackberries and drizzle over the remaining syrup.
- Serve with shortbread biscuits.
Recipe and photos by Otherwise for Wild Food UK