Wild Mushroom Soup
This soup always goes down well on our Autumn walks.
Serves : 6
Prep : 10 minutes
Cook : 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion
- 350g mixed wild mushrooms (cultivated mushrooms are fine to make up the weight)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 2 pints of mushroom stock
- Salt and pepper
- Double or sour cream to serve
- Melt the butter in a large pan, add the onion and fry gently without browning for a few minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic and herbs and cook for a further ten minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, then simmer for ten minutes.
- Allow to cool for a bit, then liquidise and season.
- Bring back to the boil and serve with a dollop of cream in the middle.