Rose Petal Vodka
A quick and beautiful Summer vodka.
Serves : 1L
Prep : 5 minutes
Cook : 36-48 hours
- Rose petals
- 2 x 1L glass bottles or 1 x 1L jar
- Take a good double handful of well scented, fresh rose petals and gently push them into a clean 1L glass bottle or jar. (Don’t use your ‘final storage’ bottle when infusing the vodka as it’s near on impossible to remove the petals through the bottle neck!)
- Using a funnel, pour 750ml of your chosen vodka into the bottle/jar along with the petals and allow to infuse for 36-48hrs.
- Strain through a fine sieve/muslin into your second bottle or back into your empty jar.
- Repeat the process with a fresh batch of rose petals to enhance the flavour (optional).
Add a little sugar in your glass before pouring over your vodka if you have a sweet tooth!
is it for Japanese wild pink rose only?
Any rose petals can be used.
Should the rose petals be dried first or fresh?
It’s best to use the petals after drying them.
How long will this stay fresh for please?
The high alcohol content of the vodka should keep this from spoiling for years.
What is the best way to clean and dry the rose petals and which colour or best roses to use?
I don’t know which petals to use, probably the best smelling ones. I would try to pick clean petals rather than washing them as this may lessen the flavour/aroma.