Puy Lentil and Wild Mushroom Stew
A lovely comforting stew with Umami richness.
Serves : 4
Prep : 10 minutes
Cook : 25 minutes
- 250g / 9oz Puy lentils
- 1 litre of vegetable or mushroom stock
- 150g / 5oz sliced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g / 9oz mixed mushrooms
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Creme fraiche to serve
- Bring the lentils and stock to the boil and reduce to simmer.
- Fry the mushrooms, shallots and garlic in butter and, when soft, add to the lentils with the bay leaves and thyme.
- Simmer for thirty minutes, season as necessary, keep enough water in the pot to produce a filling soup and serve with rustic bread and dollops of creme fraiche.
Kindly donated by my mother, Morna