A simple but rewarding use for Elderflower heads.
Serves : 1+
Prep : 10 minutes
Cook : 1-2 minutes
- Freshly picked medium Elderflower heads, cut with a couple inches of stem attached
- Batter (use vegan or gluten free batter if required)
- Oil for deep frying
- Icing sugar
- Gently shake any insects out of the Elderflower heads but do not wash them.
- Make a thin batter, or even a Tempura if you’re feeling adventurous and get your oil nice and hot.
- Gently dip the Elderflower heads into the batter mix (keep a good hold of the stem) and allow any excess to drip off back into the bowl.
- Slowly lower the Elderflower into the oil and allow to cook until the batter is light and golden, then place onto kitchen roll to soak up any excess oil.
- Serve with a lemon wedge and a sprinkle of icing sugar!