Dark Chocolate and Chestnut Torte
A lovely slightly wild dessert made from our very common Sweet Chestnut Tree.
Serves : 6
Prep : 15 minutes
Cook : 45 minutes
- 250g chestnuts peeled and cooked
- 250g butter
- 250g dark chocolate
- 250ml milk
- 125g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- Melt the chocolate and butter together.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks then mix the yolks with sugar.
- Gently heat the chestnuts in milk to soften them. Then use a potato masher or hand blender to mash the chestnuts into the milk.
- Beat the egg whites and mix everything together gently.
- Place in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 40 – 45 minutes. There should still be a slight wobble when you move the baking tin.
- Place in the fridge to cool.
- Remove from fridge and garnish as you wish. Ours was topped with a cherry sauce and some Nasturtiums.