Sloe Gin/Sloe Cider/Sloe Fruit
An old favourite that’s ready in time for Christmas but then keeps on giving two more times.
Serves : 1+
Prep : 24 Hours
Cook : 3 months
- Enough sloes to half fill 2 empty spirit bottles
- Bottle of gin or vodka
- 225g/8oz sugar
- Bottle of Cider
- Some cakes
- First ‘blet’ the sloes by leaving them in the freezer overnight.
- Add half the sloes and half the sugar to each bottle and top up with the gin or vodka.
- Leave in a dark place for three months gently shaking every so often and then drink.
- Once the liquid is gone remove the sloes and add to an empty soda bottle and top up with cider, leave for a month then drink.
- Use the remaining sloes to make a boozy fruit topping for cakes and puddings, first removing the stones.
A fantastic way to use sloes three times.
Wild Food UK