Poached Pear Tart
A brilliant and delicious way to use up leftover pears.
Prep : 10minutes
Cook : 70minutes
- Pears, peeled
- Wood avens
- Red wine
- Muscavado sugar
- Puff pastry
- Fill a large pan with the pears, hawberries, damsons, wood avens, wine and some muscavado sugar (to taste).
- Bring to the boil then simmer over a low heat until the pears are cooked through.
- Remove and slice the pears, then place on top of the puff pastry.
- Cook for around 40minutes or until brown at 160 degrees Celsius, checking occasionally.
- Meanwhile, strain the liquid into another pan and reduce.
- Remove Tarts from the oven and top with the reduced sauce.