Hogweed Floret Cheese
A great alternative to cauliflower cheese, the strong taste of the hogweed really lends itself to this dish.
Serves : 6
Prep : 20 minutes
Cook : 30 minutes
- Hogweed florets
- 30 grams butter
- 30 grams plain flour
- 40 grams grated cheese
- 1 pint milk
- Wash the hogweed florets carefully to remove any insects and par boil for 3 mins.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and remove from the heat.
- Add the flour salt and pepper and stir well until you get a smooth paste, return to the heat and gently fry for a couple of minutes then remove from the heat again.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring all the time to prevent lumps, return to the hob, add 30 grams of the cheese and cook while stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the hogweed florets and place in an oven proof dish, sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake in the oven at 200c, 400f or gas mark 6 for 30 mins or until the top is golden brown.