Hogweed and Cheese Tarts
A mouthwatering treat oozing with umami
Serves : 6
Prep : 15 minutes
Cook : 15 minutes
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 50g/0.5 litre of hogweed florets
- 30 grams butter
- 30 grams flour
- 0.25 litre pint milk
- 30 grams smoked cheese grated (normal chedder will work)
- Boil the hogweed florets until soft and leave to drain well.
- Make a cheese sauce by melting the butter over a low heat, mix in the flour salt and pepper until well combined then add the milk slowly while stirring the mixture. Increase the heat gently, add most of the cheese and stir until the sauce thickens and add the hogweed florets.
- Cut the puff pastry into three rectangles and fold in a 1cm strip of the edges all the way round to hold in the sauce mixture and add the sauce. Top with the remaining cheese and place in the oven at 200c, 400f or gas mark 6 for about 15mins or until the tart has a golden grilled top.
- Serve warm to fairly hot with a green salad.