Wholesome, earthy and available all year round this soup is a foragers favourite.
Serves : 8
Prep : 10 minutes
Cook : 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 litres or 2 1/2 pints of vegetable stock
- A handful of shallots
- 1 large potato, peeled and sliced
- 2 large bunches of chickweed, with the bottoms cut off
- 1/2 a pint of cream
- Salt and pepper
- Chop and fry the shallots in butter or oil.
- Bring the stock to the boil then add the shallots, potato and chickweed and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Liquidise and season to taste.
- Add the cream and re-heat without allowing the soup to boil.
- Serve and garnish with a few sprigs of chickweed.