Wholesome, earthy and available all year round this soup is a foragers favourite.
Serves : 4
Prep : 10 minutes
Cook : 20 minutes
- 1.5 litres of vegetable stock
- 2 medium shallots, peeled and diced
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 3 large bunches of chickweed, with the bottoms cut off
- 200ml of single cream
- Salt and pepper
- A squeeze of lemon
- Fry the shallots in butter or oil for roughly 2 minutes. Then add in the potato and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chickweed and vegetable stock. Bring the to the boil then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Liquidise and season to taste.
- Add the cream and a squeeze of lemon re-heat without allowing the soup to boil.
- Serve and garnish with a few sprigs of chickweed.